December 2017

We’re building a new future in Park Ridge

New Building for PRAHIf you have driven past our old office location on Park Avenue recently you’ve seen a beautiful new three story building under construction.  It is the future home of the Park Ridge Animal Hospital, being built on the site of our old building plus the old post office next door.

The ground floor will include the hospital, along with a couple of retail stores, with apartment on the upper two floors.  The expected completion date is late next year, and it will include all the modern appointments of a first class animal hospital, plus the same friendly staff and caring service as before.

As you know, during the construction of our new facility we moved into a temporary office located on Berthoud Street next to Burger King.  I’m sure you have read about the major Kinderkamack Road project in Park Ridge, which includes our current location.  It will require our making another temporary move until our new building is finished.

So this spring the animal hospital will move temporarily to an office building on Grand Avenue in Montvale, across the street from Pascack Hills High School, next to Oritani Bank.  The facility will be fully staffed and equipped, with plenty of on-site parking.  We’ll keep you apprised on that move, as well as undated about the construction of our new Park Ridge building.


HOLIDAY SAFETY TIPS FOR YOUR PETSThe holiday season is upon us, and many pet parents plan to include their furry companions in the festivities. It is important to try to keep your pet's eating and exercise habits as close to their normal routine as possible. Also, please be sure to steer pets clear of unhealthy treats, toxic plants and dangerous decorations.

Oh, Christmas Tree  -  Securely anchor your Christmas tree so it doesn't tip and fall, causing possible injury  to your pet..  This will also prevent the tree water from spilling, which may contain fertilizers that can cause stomach upset.  Stagnant tree water is a breeding ground for bacteria, which can cause nausea or diarrhea.
Avoid Mistletoe & Holly  Holly, when ingested, can cause pets to suffer nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. Mistletoe can cause gastrointestinal upset and cardiovascular problems.  And many varieties of lilies can cause kidney failure in cats if ingested.  Opt for artificial plants or choose a pet-safe bouquet.
Tinsel-less Town  -  Kitties love this sparkly, light-catching "toy" that's easy to bat around and carry in their mouths.  But a nibble can lead to a swallow, which can lead to an obstructed digestive tract, severe vomiting, dehydration and possible surgery.  It's best to brighten your boughs with something other than tinsel.
That Holiday Glow  -  Don't leave lighted candles unattended.  Pets may burn themselves or cause a fire if they knock candles over.  Be sure to use appropriate candle holders, placed on a stable surface. And if you leave the room, put the candle out!
Wired Up  Keep wires, batteries and glass or plastic ornaments out of paws' reach. A wire can deliver a potentially lethal electrical shock and a punctured battery can cause burns to the mouth and esophagus, while shards of breakable ornaments can damage your pet's mouth and digestive tract.
Skip the Sweets  -  By now you know not to feed your pets chocolate and anything sweetened with xylitol, but do you know the lengths to which an enterprising pet will go to chomp on something yummy?  Make sure to keep your pets away from the table and unattended plates of food secure the lids on garbage cans.
Leave the Leftovers  -  Fatty, spicy and no-no human foods, as well as bones, should not be fed to your furry friends.  Pets can join the festivities in other fun ways that won't lead to costly medical bills.

NOTE: We will be closed on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.

94 Berthoud Street, Park Ridge, NJ 07656
(201) 391-9494  *  Fax (201) 391-4407


Latest Tweets

Join Us on Facebook!