Dog and Cat Vaccinations in Park Ridge, NJ
Dog and cat vaccinations in Park Ridge, NJ protect your pet from many harmful bacteria and viruses and help to extend their lives so you can have more good years with them. Even indoor-only dogs and cats are susceptible because you can track diseases in from the outside. At Park Ridge Animal Hospital, we use the safest, most effective vaccines for your pets so they can reap the most benefits with the least amount of risk.
Is your pet due for vaccine boosters?
Pet Vaccines We Provide
- Rabies (core)
- DHPP (core, distemper hepatitis, parainfluenza, parvovirus)
- Bordetella (noncore, often required for boarding)
- Canine flu, bivalent (noncore, recommended for dogs who frequent social settings)
- Leptospirosis (noncore, recommended for dogs who are frequently outdoors)
- Lyme (noncore, but highly recommended for all dogs due to our area’s high tick population)
- Rabies (core)
- FVRCP (core, feline viral rhinotracheitis, calicivirus, panleukopenia)
- Feline leukemia (noncore, for outdoor cats)
When Should My Pet Receive Vaccinations?
Kittens and puppies start with a series of vaccines during their first year. These include the core vaccines, as well as any lifestyle vaccines they might need. After their series is complete, your pet will need vaccine boosters throughout their life to maintain their immunity. Canine rabies, DHPP, and FVRCP are all 3-year vaccines, meaning your pet only needs a booster once every three years. Feline rabies and all of the noncore vaccines are annual vaccines.
Titer Testing & Overvaccination Concerns
Park Ridge Animal Hospital follows strict guidelines laid out by the American Animal Hospital Association as well as the American Association of Feline Practitioners for our vaccination protocols. These guidelines reduce the risk of overvaccination. However, we also offer titer testing, which assesses your pet’s immunity according to the presence of antibodies in their blood. Please ask us for more information at your next visit, or give us a call at (201) 391-9494.